Friday, September 3, 2010

Day trips..

We've had a great trip so far visiting my family. There are so many fun things to do with kids.. and a lot of things we hadn't done yet.. we went to the aquarium and the zoo.. and of course have spent a lot of time at Grammy and Papa's house!

Wes in the Elmo chair. He likes Elmo.. and I thought I wouldn't have to hear Elmo's voice ever again!!

Wes and Jenna.. both the boys love Jenna and give her lots of attention. I think they missed her this summer while she was staying with my mom. It will be nice to have her back home.

We went to the aquarium one day with one of my old college roommates Sarah and her two nephews and her sister and her two kids. We had six kids three and under.. it was just like a playdate back at home.. Crazy!!

We also went to the zoo last week. I was so impressed by the zoo - there is a beautiful new entrance with stone pavers and lots of places to eat and drink.. not to mention how well maintained all the animal exhibits are.. it is the second largest zoo in the country behind the San Diego zoo. Tucker and I had a blast and spent three and a half hours there. It was great and we will definitely be back!

This is the new entrance. Tucker liked the rhinos.

Tucker actually smiled for me!!

Daddy's favorite animal - the pelicans were so pretty. They kept drinking water with their huge beaks that looked like a rubber balloon.
Wes seemed to enjoy the scenery too..

The polar bears were asleep while we were there. It would have been neat to see them swimming. There is a huge glass viewing area by the pool where you can watch them swim under water.

The zoo grounds were beautiful...

The best picture I could get of Tucker and Wes together. This was near the monkey exhibit. They were squawking and being really loud. Tucker wasn't too crazy about the noise.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It was great seeing you at the zoo, Amy! Your boys are handsome!