Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Was school a bad idea?

That is what I am pondering right now.. Tucker had his first taste of 'school' last week. He is going to a Mother's Morning Out program two mornings a week and has already gotten sick! One of the kids in his class had Hand Foot and Mouth and poor little Tucker has caught it. I know that this is going to happen and that it's supposed to be good for him to get sick now to build his immunity, but I can't help but be really really annoyed by this. Not only did we have to cut our weekend trip short, but Tucker and I have now been stuck in the house since Monday until who knows when.

I guess this is all part of being a parent and I need to suck it up.. but.. sometimes it is hard to do that.

The good news is that Tucker's fever has been gone since yesterday, he ate a good dinner last night and slept from 9pm-7:30am.

Well, that's it for now. I just needed to vent a little.
Hope your kids are healthy!!

4 comments:

L Rukes said...

I remember when Erin got sick 4 days after she first went into daycare. YUCK!! Supposedly when she's about 4 she's supposed to be as healthy as a horse, but we'll see! Hang in there!

Kiera said...

Oh no! Poor Tucker!!! Hopefully you are on the up swing and he will be feeling better soon!

Amy said...

Yeah, the whole building their immunities I am sure is true, but doesn't sound so great when they are sick.. Actually, we went to the ped. and he is on the mend. got some antibiotics for his ear infectios (both ears!) but he does seem good and hasn't had a fever for two days! thanks for the well wishes ladies!!

Elizabeth said...

I hope Tucker is feeling better!!