Wednesday, January 6, 2010

24 minutes..

Is how long it took Tucker to fall asleep for his first nap today in his new room. With only seven weeks left before the baby gets here we are beginning the transition of getting him out of the nursery and into his new room and new twin bed. he did pretty well, only crying for 24 minutes before falling asleep. the only problem is that he fell asleep at his door on the floor b/c he was crying and pounding on the door trying to get out. after falling asleep, he slept for about 45 minutes before waking up. Not bad for his first nap in a new room. he usually sleeps around 2.5-3 hours.. the only problem is that he somehow locked the door and we went through a five minute panic before I was able to open the door with a credit card. He is sleeping in his crib tonight and we will try nap #2 in his bed tomorrow. keep your fingers crossed! I am thinking about leaving his door open today and making him stay in his bed if he gets up instead of shutting the door. If anyone has suggestions....

4 comments:

Renee said...

All I have to say is good luck! You will figure out what works for you and him!! I will think good thoughts for you today!

Sarah said...

A friend of mine, put a gate in the door way. That way they can't accidentally lock the door and it's still open.

Let me know how it goes. Tessa and I will be doing this in a couple of months.

Amy said...

Thanks for your comments. I think we are going to do the baby gate. I like that he would be in his room but not feel like he is locked in there. today actually went MUCH better!

Meredith said...

I've heard of people turning the door knob around so the lock is on the outside. Good job on the transition! We're only a few months behind you.